I recently had the very great pleasure to be interviewed by Shannon LaNier on the Morning Dose for CW39 Houston. He wanted to know all about my book, “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights,” what an anthropologist does, how Simon Associates Management Consultants helps companies off the brink so they can soar, how to help an individual or an entire company change…all the things I love talking about. Truly delightful.
Here’s a quick synopsis of what we discussed:
- corporate anthropologists apply the tools and methods of anthropoly to businesses, which are, in effect, small-scale societies
- observational research allows the people inside a company to see themselves from the outside in, with fresh eyes
- today’s companies need to adapt to many generations of employees and customers who have very different styles of working and buying
- to change your company’s culture, you need to change the story, figure out how to achieve it, and then get your employees to believe it and live it
- the brain hates change but once you embrace change, you can begin to see new ways of doing things
- we buy with our heart and justify with our head so people have to experience change, see it, really feel it, for it to stick
- the way forward is all around you if only you can see it
To watch the interview, click here or on the image below.
For more on the importance of anthropology in business, check out these blogs and podcasts:
- Blog: Hate Change? Anthropology Can Make You and Your People Love It!
- Blog: Innovative Applications of Corporate Anthropology in Business
- Blog: How Anthropology Can Help Your Business Soar
- Podcast: Ask Andi—How Anthropology Helps People See Things With Fresh Eyes
- Podcast: Jay Hasbrouck—Thinking Like an Anthropologist
- Podcast: Oscar Barrera—Creatively Applying Anthropology To Find Innovative Solutions
Could you perhaps benefit from a “little anthropology”?
At Simon Associates Management Consultants, our specialty is helping organizations accept, prepare and adapt to change. Applying the tools, methods and principles of anthropology is one of the primary ways we do this. We invite you to contact us to discuss how our team of specialized corporate anthropologists and culture change experts can work with you so you and your business can overcome today’s challenges and soar. We look forward to hearing from you.
From Observation to Innovation,
Andi Simon, Ph.D.
Corporate Anthropologist | President
Simon Associates Management Consultants
Don’t miss an episode of our On The Brink podcast!