While we are facing unprecedented changes today in our business environment, change—both personal and professional—is not something most people know how to do very well. Few of us are comfortable actually changing. Most of our professional training is structured, and we are taught how to perform skills in close conformity to others. So how do we Drive Change, particularly now when so much in our world is changing?
SAMC’s Approach Can Help
New research reveals that if we can muster the resources to do at least four or more things and link them in a well-designed ChangeMap™, then you, your team, and your business can really change. Research conducted by Vital Smarts, “How To Have Influence,” was so compelling, and so evident in the work we were doing but seemed to be missing one ingredient: a ChangeMap. Designed with our clients’ input, ChangeMap recognizes that all too often we need more than a plan communicated in words. We need a picture and a guidebook to help us know where we are on the journey and when to stop, start or redirect.
As your change managers, we keep you focused, sustain the intensity and help you achieve results. Too often, good ideas fail because alignment within an organization is missing and the impetus to move forward in new, innovative ways is absent. That’s where we come in.
To drive change, we work with you to:
- Understand why change is so challenging and how to overcome those challenges effectively.
- Envision the kind of company or organization you would like to become.
- Build a backward plan and a ChangeMap collaboratively with your management, employees and at times with partners and customers.
- Develop a clear set of next steps and small wins. Small wins build practice and encourage continued effort toward the desired goal.
- Understand how to do the right thing in the right way at the right time.
Can you drive change instead of letting it drive you?
Here are some blogs you might find of value:
Can A Little Anthropology Help Your School Change?
Need To Change Your Organization’s Culture? 6 Best Ways To Do It.
Frustrated By 5 Big Must-Do Changes In Your Business?
For many of our clients, the challenges are coming from multiple directions:
- a new generation of employees with different cultural values and behaviors
- new consumer behaviors and buying patterns
- new partners and shifting relationships with existing distributors and salespeople
Recognizing that a company’s culture and our human brains are reluctant to change, we help you move yourself and your team toward new ways of doing things that are better aligned with where you are going and the business environment in which you now find yourself.