In March of this year, I had the pleasure of interviewing global credibility expert Mitchell Levy for a terrific On The Brink podcast. Then recently the tables turned and I was the interviewee! Mitch is on a quest to interview 500 thought leaders on credibility for his Thought Leader Life show, and I was honored to be included. I really enjoyed our talk, mainly because it focused on helping organizations change their corporate cultures and grow their businesses in these changing times. As you know, I’m a Blue Ocean Strategist® and a culture change expert so this was right up my alley.
A few of the key points we talked about:
- We’re now in the fourth industrial revolution. As an anthropologist, my job is to help you see, feel and think in new ways so you can adapt to fast-changing times.
- Most of our clients are on the brink. They’re either going to fall or soar. At SAMC, our job is to help them see how to do things better or differently.
- The hardest thing for organizations to do is to step out, become amateur anthropologists and look at their business through a fresh lens. Here are some easy-to-use tools to get you started.
- After visiting our clients’ companies with the clients themselves, we write down our observations and they write down theirs. And it’s like we were in two different places because we were listening for different things. This difference in observation is where we begin our change process and where those “a-ha” moments happen, which is where the real change work begins.
Ways to contact Mitch
Want to learn more about change? Start with these
- Blog: Now That You Have Your Crisis, What Do You Change?
- Blog: Need To Change? Why Not Turn To The Experts
- Podcast: Valerio Pascotto and Amit Raikar—Yes Change Is Painful But It’s Necessary!
If you’re ready to embrace change rather than run from it, give us a call.
At Simon Associates Management Consultants (SAMC), we are culture change experts who specialize in helping companies and the people who work for them realize that yes, “change is pain,” but they can change and actually do it well. Contact us to discuss how our team of specialized corporate anthropologists and business change management advisors can suggest ways you and your business can change to weather today’s many challenges (and crises) and achieve even greater success. We look forward to hearing from you.
From Observation to Innovation,
Don’t miss an episode of our On The Brink podcast!