Learn how to turn a failure into a phenomenal success!
Todd Palmer loves the same things we do: how to help entrepreneurs and business leaders do better. As he says on his website, he helps business leaders Get S#!t Done. But how does he do this, differently than others might? And what can you and I learn from his approach, his own experiences, and his failures and successes? Turns out, a lot. In our conversation today, Todd and I talk about entrepreneurs getting stuck or stalled, then turning around and finding ways to build successful businesses. Sound familiar? (Hint: my book, “On the Brink.”) Lots to learn here!
Not letting failures stop you
My book, “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights,” is filled with seven case studies of companies that came to us because they were stalled. We helped them see, feel and think in new ways to find their way forward. As well as our own toolkit for building better businesses, Todd has more great ideas and sound advice to add to your arsenal.
In this podcast, we talk about how to recognize the patterns that lead to initial failures and how titans of business corrected those mistakes and made successful decisions by using the Fail Forward Mindset. Todd tells you how to master these skills, as a CEO whose firm was named to the INC 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing businesses an incredible 6 times.
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- How to identify Imposter Syndrome within yourself and how to overcome it
- How to possess a Fail Forward Mindset
- The steps to implement a Fail Forward Formula of Success
Trusting yourself and your decisions
Todd’s formula is simple: when leaders have confidence in themselves, they make great decisions. When employees see that the staff, revenue, strategy and execution are all being expertly managed, it builds a level of trust that extends way beyond your bottom line.
About Todd Palmer
Todd Palmer is a renowned thought leader/CEO, executive coach and author who is committed to Improving Lives. As a successful entrepreneur and business owner, he works with both individuals and companies to support corporate growth, foster business start-ups and guide leaders in the areas of talent management, workforce planning and organizational development. He latest book is entitled, “The Job Search Process: Find & Land a Great Job in 6 Weeks or Less.”
For deeper learning, check out these blogs and podcasts:
- Blog: Can You Learn Something From a Failed Venture?
- Blog: Is Your Business Stuck? Maybe It Needs a New Corporate Culture!
- Blog: Best Practices to Scale Your Business for Growth
- Podcast: Jamie Candee—Leading Business And You To Success
- Podcast: Alex Vorobieff—How To Replace Chaos With Clarity By Realigning Your Business
- Podcast: Jennifer Dawn—Finding Your Way In Business and Life
- From Todd: Welcome On the Brink Podcast Listeners!
- Todd’s book: “The Job Search Process: Find & Land a Great Job in 6 Weeks or Less”
- Todd’s website
- My book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights“
- Our website: Simon Associates Management Consultants