Brent has served as vice president of The Oregon Alliance of Independent Colleges and Universities since January 2012. Prior to this appointment, he was interim president of The Alliance, as well as interim president and vice president of the Oregon Independent College Foundation (OICF). Before working with the OICF, Brent served as the Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations at Portland State University.
Brent’s previous professional experience also includes serving as an Assistant Director of Athletic Development and Athletic Annual Fund Director at Oregon State University, and Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach at Oregon State. He received his bachelor’s degree and M.A. from Oregon State University.
In this episode, Brent Wilder and I discuss:
- Big changes in higher education
- How students are becoming involved and active in change-oriented organizations
- Fascinating projects he is currently working on
- Tactics and strategies you can implement today
- A platform you need to know about
- How to effectively communicate and work with people
- Understanding the importance of higher education
- Lessons and takeaways
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- My book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights“
- The Oregon Alliance of Independent Colleges and Universities