Learn how to see unmet needs and then fill them!
To celebrate Women’s History Month, I’m going back and choosing podcasts to republish which feature women who have smashed myths and refused to be held back from what they knew they could achieve. They pushed forward to be the best that they could be, and so can you. Kim Shepherd “saw” an unmet need and built her company into a highly innovative recruiting service that transformed how businesses recruit new hires. By looking for the “holes in the cheese,” she rethought the entire way recruiting is done. Rethinking women’s roles in business is the focus of my new book, “Rethink: Smashing the Myths of Women in Business,” which you can buy here.
Today, Decision Toolbox and its parent company, Engage2Excel, offer the industry’s only recruiting solutions that optimize engagement throughout the entire talent acquisition process and career lifecycle. Kim is chairwoman and leads the companies’ growth strategy.
Creating entirely new solutions for nonusers by addressing their unmet needs, Kim has become a recognized thought leader by HR organizations nationwide, including the Human Capital Institute. She is a regular speaker at national and regional events on building highly successful business models.
Calling Kim unconventional is an understatement. Her former endeavors include 10 years as a TV and Foreign Correspondent, a stint at Club Med and a near miss at a spot on the U.S. Olympic ski team.
In this podcast Kim and I discuss:
- Filling the gaps from her background
- Why common sense is often the KEY
- Sometimes you have to work work extra hard as a woman in business
- Finding work-life balance
- Strategies and tactics that will help get you 10x results
- What to do if you are feeling down and lost
- The importance of embracing your job
- Technology forecasting – robots taking over our jobs
- Her challenge to the audience
Additional resources for you
- My best selling new book: “Rethink: Smashing The Myths of Women in Business“
- My award-winning first book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights”
- Simon Associates Management Consultants website