Learn why employee well-being is key to a company’s success
Mari Ryan and I met by chance through Peter Winick’s Thought Leadership roundtables and became immediate colleagues and virtual friends. She brings to you her inspiring passion for helping organizations and the folks in them become healthier. This is so important, today and really always. What Mari has developed is a strategic approach to help people not just wish to build healthier lives and better organizations, but to actually achieve remarkable results. We all need more well-being in our lives and workplaces. Enjoy.
Watch and listen to our conversation here
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Wellness programs are not new in the workplace.
- Is wellness the same as well-being?
- Why should employers care about employee well-being?
- Whether you are an employer or an employee, you should know that personal well-being correlates with employee engagement and productivity.
It’s no surprise that you do better when you feel better
As you listen to our conversation, I invite you to think about the characteristics of a thriving organization—its purpose and not just its profits. Also think about how business leaders and managers can support employee well-being and why they should. Mari, in her award-winning book, The Thriving Hive: How People-Centric Workplaces Ignite Engagement and Fuel Results, explains all this by using a beehive metaphor to illustrate how to build a healthier company.
I should add that Mari and I did this podcast when the pandemic was still very serious. Although the worst of it hopefully is behind us now, the pandemic nonetheless has had a profound impact on the workplace. Between remote work, the lack of socializing, the multiple new roles people had to learn how to do in a moment of fast-change, and all the uncertainty that came with the crisis, well-being was in shock. In fact, research is beginning to reveal how much our mental and physical health were impacted by these major social and business transformations—along with all the illness caused from the virus itself.
This might be a great time for you to rethink your own well-being and that of those around you, whether in the workplace or in your community. Let’s help each other show the kind of caring and support that leads to better well-being for everyone.
About Mari Ryan
Mari is CEO and founder of Advancing Wellness. She is also an award-winning author, speaker and workplace well-being strategist. Her specialty is creating healthier businesses and impacting the lives of employees in a wide range of industries. You can connect with Mari on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or her website AdvancingWellness.
Want to learn more about how to build better, healthier workplaces? Start here
- Blog: 3 Ways A Female CEO Built A Successful Business With A Culture of Collaboration
- Podcast: Richard Sheridan—Joy in the Workplace
- Podcast: Marcella Bremer—Build a Better Business With an Amazing, Positive Culture
Additional resources for you
- My best-selling new book: “Rethink: Smashing The Myths of Women in Business“
- My award-winning first book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights”
- Simon Associates Management Consultants website