Listen now as Maureen Berkner Boyt explains how to overcome your unscious biases and unleash your full potential!
I bet you’d like to know how to lead with moxie? Maureen Berkner Boyt is going to help you do just that. In this interview, she and I talk about how to unleash the power you have within you by overcoming the biases that squash great accomplishments. As Maureen says, “I create businesses, tools and experiences that allow people and organizations to unleash their full potential.” Here’s your chance to learn how you can “Lead with Moxie” too!
A highly successful entrepreneur, Maureen is the Founder of The Moxie Exchange Movement, a training and mentoring organization for companies that want to develop, promote and retain women and create inclusive workplaces. An advisor and executive coach to numerous leaders of America’s fastest growing companies, she has also held leadership positions in several large corporations, earned a Masters in Organizational Development and is the founder of five successful businesses (and counting!).
As the author of a 5-book series, “Rock Your Moxie: Power Moves for Women Leading the Way,” Maureen hosts the monthly online workshop and podcast “Rock Your Moxie” and has created a series of micro-learning courses for women in business. Her unconscious bias workshops and tools are used across the globe to interrupt bias and build inclusive workplaces. And that’s not all. A lifelong doer and risk-taker, she’s ridden camels in the Sahara Desert, jumped in the Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye and completed two 36-hour ultra team runs. Maureen brings those experiences and bold approach to her work, encouraging people to think big, take action and move the dial to drive results for themselves and their teams.
In this episode, Maureen Berkner Boyt and I discuss:
- How the brain’s unconscious bias limits everything from relationships to lifestyle
- How the “same as me” bias causes us to miss meaningful relationships with people who are different from us
- The importance of questioning our ways of thinking to overcome our own unconscious bias
- Creating inclusive teams so that thoughts are challenged from a range of viewpoints, enabling better decisions
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Blog: 5 Ways to Help Your Business Adapt to Changing Times
- Blog: Thinking Innovation or Doing Innovation?
- Maureen’s book: “Rock Your Moxie“
- My book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights“
- Simon Associates Management Consultants website