Listen now to Gary Morton talk about how to build teams that win
In our podcast, Gary Morton shares his amazing experiences working with teams that simply “soared.” He then takes listeners through his methodology so that you too can learn from him and the incredible leaders he has been privileged to work with, as described in his new book, “Commanding Excellence: Inspiring Purpose, Passion, and Ingenuity through Leadership that Matters.“ Take a listen and pick up his book, an amazing read.
Motivating people effectively is not about commanding them to do something — it’s about getting them to command themselves to do something. A distinguished graduate of West Point, Morton learned firsthand how to deliver exceptional results. Then as a platoon leader and tank commander in Army Task Force 4-68 and later, as a young vice president at the medical device manufacturer Stryker, he trained under two legendary leaders who, despite their different styles, followed nearly the same steps to achieve results which most considered unattainable.
In this podcast, you too can learn how to inspire others to excel, whatever their job, level in an organization or task to be completed. You will love Gary’s stories about:
- Establishing absolute clarity of purpose
- Empowering an obsession to achieve a goal
- How to unleash creativity, focused on reaching the peak
In this episode, Gary Morton and I discuss:
- Transforming the worst performing unit in the U.S. army
- The importance of having a clear and specific purpose
- Empowering organizations
- How we often have to take risks to grow our business
- Outside-in thinking
- Strategies for cracking well-guarded markets
- How being different can be your competitive advantage
- Gary’s Commanding Excellence book