First episode of Ask Andi
Introducing my Ask Andi series—short 15 minute podcasts every Friday where I take a question and then offer tools, tips and strategies to help you re-think an issue and tackle it in new ways. In this episode, I talk about the importance of resilience (in your work and your life) and practical how-to tips for dealing with change.
In this episode, I discuss:
- Many things that are happening to you are happening to others.
- How can you deal with change?
- Good reads
- Chronicling the source of people’s stress and where they get their resilience from
- Think of yourself as a human and how people evolved by being resilient.
- A story about how humans have evolved.
- How we adapt to things is what resilience is all about. The most adaptive people are those who survive.
- Harari believes that we use language as storytellers and give humans the ability to adapt to past experiences.
- Humans are most happy and comfortable when we are with people that are like themselves with the same culture.
- When you face challenges of any kind, how do you adapt to them?
- People evolve their stories to make them look like the hero of their own stories.
- This helps them cope and adjust to change.
- Helps gain confidence.
- How are you going to address the stress in your life and become resilient