Kim Shepherd joined Decision Toolbox in 2000, a 100 percent virtual organization providing recruitment solutions. Once she became 50% owner and CEO, she “saw” the opportunity to build the company into a highly innovative recruiting service that didn’t just find employees for clients but one that could transform the entire way businesses recruit new hires. By looking for the “holes in the cheese,” Kim built a business that rethought the way recruiting was done. Today, Decision Toolbox and its parent company, Engage2Excel, offer the industry’s only recruiting solutions that optimize engagement throughout the entire talent acquisition process and career lifecycle. Kim is chairwoman and leads the companies’ growth strategy.
Creating entirely new solutions for nonusers by addressing their unmet needs, Kim has become a recognized thought leader by HR organizations nationwide, including the Human Capital Institute. She is a regular speaker at national and regional events on building highly successful business models.
Calling Kim unconventional is an understatement. Her former endeavors include 10 years as a TV and Foreign Correspondent, a stint at Club Med and a near miss at a spot on the U.S. Olympic ski team.
In this episode, Kim Shepherd and I discuss:
- Filling the gaps from her background
- Why common sense is often the KEY
- Sometimes you have to work work extra hard as a woman in business
- Finding work-life balance
- Strategies and tactics that will help get you 10x results
- What to do if you are feeling down and lost
- The importance of embracing your job
- Technology forecasting – robots taking over our jobs
- Her challenge to the audience
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Kim’s books: “Get Scrappy” and “The Bite Me School of Management“
- My book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights“