Stephanie Breedlove has been an authentic voice for successful women entrepreneurs for over 20 years. Beginning her career in the corporate world with Accenture, she found her true calling as co-founder and CEO of Breedlove & Associates (since acquired for $55 million by Care.com HomePay), the nation’s largest and most comprehensive household payroll and tax firm, playing a vital role in the quality and professionalism of the household employment industry.
Stephanie and her husband founded and self-funded their entrepreneurial endeavor with no prior experience running a business. While she was building a company, she also built a life that integrated family and business as complements to one another, not competitors. To create the life she desired, she often found herself at major crossroads—the kind that alter your direction and require you to go “all in” to get where you want to go. In her new book, “All In: How Women Entrepreneurs Can Think Bigger, Build Sustainable Businesses, and Change the World,” she outlines the hows and whys behind the decisions that led her towards success.
Anyone starting a new business, trying to grow the one they’ve got or seeking work that’s fulfilling will find her podcast full of purpose and meaning. Enjoy.
In this episode, Stephanie Breedlove and I discuss:
- Running a home-based business
- Facing challenges & hardships
- Why sometimes you just have to take the leap
- Most important business strategies you can learn about
- Business culture and why it matters
- Investing in your customers
- Understanding the mission of your company
- Meeting the expectations of your clients
- Selling the company
- Biggest lessons & takeaways
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- My book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights“
- Stephanie’s book: “All In: How Women Entrepreneurs Can Think Bigger, Build Sustainable Businesses, and Change the World“