Healthcare Organizations Tackling Changing Times
Highly-experienced in the healthcare sector, SAMC Founder and President Andrea (Andi) Simon has partnered with numerous healthcare systems, large and small, to create business strategies and manage their branding, marketing and culture change processes.
In charge of branding for Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, Andi re-positioned an undervalued medical facility as a Leading Center of Care, overcoming substantial obstacles of location (people didn’t want to come to the Bronx) and stiff competition (many excellent alternatives in Manhattan). Her efforts dramatically improved all key indicators of brand equity: awareness, image, familiarity and preference. This major re-positioning helped successfully shift market share to the medical center.
For St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, New Jersey, Andi’s challenge was similar: to transform the public’s perception of a Catholic hospital into that of a top-flight medical institution with a major cardiac program, exceptional children’s hospital, excellent surgical centers and esteemed specialty programs. The result? A successful re-branding effort that proved that great marketing can indeed transform public perception and action in measurable, relevant ways.
We specialize in working with clients in the healthcare industry, including, for example:
- Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Atlantic Health System, NJ
- Hurley Medical Center, Flint, MI
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Bridgeport, CT
- Pharmaceutical companies, including TelerX division of Merck and ParagonRx
- Health Information Management companies, such as Care Communications
- A wide range of physician offices, multi-specialty practices and alternative health companies
Our specific healthcare expertise encompasses:
- Re-focusing strategy for changing healthcare business environments
- Building new programs better suited to consumers and payers
- Branding and Re-branding established healthcare systems to re-position them for changing times
- Creating innovative and integrated marketing with measurable ROI to expand revenue
- Assessing and revamping the culture of long-standing institutions searching for more innovative and collaborative cultures
- Opening up a “Blue Ocean Strategy” to target, for example, Men
- Coaching executive leadership
- Mentoring management and staff
During these changing and challenging times, healthcare innovation, integrated marketing and re-branding have become core parts of our business change efforts. We bring all of our expertise and experience as anthropologists, Innovation Games® facilitators and healthcare executives to help organizations better “see, feel and think” in new ways, using proven tools to help uncover new, breakthrough ideas and then convert them into viable innovations that succeed in their markets.
Perhaps we can be of help to you and your organization. Please contact us.